Five Vanilla Shower Gels
We all need a little comfort from time to time and there’s nothing I find more soothing than the smell of vanilla. Here are five ways to bring a scented hug into your shower. Or, you know, just wash yourself with something lovely.
- Kiehl’s Vanilla and Cedarwood Skin-Softening Body Cleanser (£19.00) Slightly more cedar than vanilla, but this stuff really does leave your skin feeling softer. Especially if you pour some into a running bath. I love the musky scent so much I may be tempted to buy the accompanying perfume and wear it to bed.
- NSpa Vanilla Shower & Bath Gel (£2.00) If you love an intense hit of vanilla mixed with nothing else, you won’t be able to stop taking the lid off and sniffing this shower gel. It’s like a slap around the face with a bundle of vanilla pods, and fantastically affordable to boot.
- Korres Vanilla Cinnamon Showergel (£8.00) There can be fewer spices best paired with vanilla than cinnamon. The scent makes any shower feel warmer. The only thing missing is some apple pie to pour it over, so you’ll just have to pour it over yourself.
- Philosophy Vanilla Birthday Cake 3 in 1 Shower Gel (£14.00) Have you ever wondered what it might be like to stick a Victoria sponge in a blender and smother it all over yourself? No? Just me then. As with all Philosophy shower gels, this one smells exactly as the name suggests. And if you manage not to lick the matching lipgloss off your lips you’re a stronger person than I.
- Laura Mercier Ambre Vanillé Crème Body Wash (£30.00) The price is not for the faint of wallet, so definitely to be saved for a treat. But Laura Mercier bath and body products are always beautiful. The Ambre Vanillé Honey Bath is currently loitering in my bathroom and it never feels anything but indulgent.